Institute at a Glance
MCA FIRST YEAR INSTITUTE CHOICE CODE: 6228
MBA FIRST YEAR INSTITUTE CHOICE CODE: 6228
MCA PROGRAMME :
Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of Master of Computer Applications is one of the premier institutes of Computer Application established during 2002 by Dr. D. Y. Patil Pratishthan. This institute has carved-out a special niche for imparting quality education to cater to the needs of community at large. Since its inception, the institute is striving in the pursuit of academic excellence and good governance. The institute is situated on the green and scenic campus of D. Y. Patil Pratishthan’s Educational Complex, Akurdi, Pune. The institute has state-of-the-art infrastructure with modern amenities to meet the current needs of the technical education.
The institute has well equipped labs and library. The faculties of this institute are highly qualified, competent, committed with innate passion to excel in academic arena. Bright academic results, general discipline, continues campus placement, institute- industry interfacing, consistent efforts to carry out front line research, extra-curricular activities to boost professional competence are the major hallmarks to enhance and sustain the quality of technical education. The institute provides conducive ambiance for development, teaching and research to scale newer heights. The institute ponders to provide futuristic learning to explore new vistas in computer education to meet the challenges of this millennium. This institute adopts holistic methods to rationalize the technical education with relevance to meet the global standards.
Backed by a decade of experience and expertise in computer application, the institute always ponders to explore new vistas in technology based, research driven and market oriented application of computer education. The institute is poised to impart education in computer application with relevance to the highly dynamic and ever change needs of corporate scenario. The institute is committed to develop proactive, talented, devoted, pragmatic and skilled technical work force contributing to the intellectual wealth of the nation.
Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of MCA fosters a positive environment for Teaching, Non-Teaching staff and Students to meet the emerging challenges which stimulates the desire to collaborate and change the world of Computer Technology and innovation in the Business Management field.
The institution is recognized by All India Council of Technical education (AICTE) and approved by Directorate of Technical Education, Govt. of Maharashtra (DTE) and afflicted to Savitribai Phule Pune University(SPPU).
MBA PROGRAMME :
Dr.D.Y Patil Institute of MCA,MBA (2nd Shift) has been established in the year 2010. The Institute is run by Dr. D. Y. Patil Pratishthan, which has set up multiple centre of educational excellence at Pune, Mumbai and Kolhapur. The Institute strongly believes that world-class education is the stepping-stone to progress. With a long-standing commitment towards quality teaching and learning, the Institute has nurtured values that go into the making of successful careers. Reiterating excellence with every incoming batch, the Institute stands tall with its undeterred commitment to deliver better. Equipped with state-of-the-art infrastructure, the Institute always encourages individuals to think, question, explore and apply their well-honed minds to scale newer heights of success. The Institute believes in imparting education that'll build world citizens of tomorrow.
Dr. D. Y. Patil Institute of MBA fosters a positive environment for Teaching, Non-Teaching staff and Students to meet the emerging challenges which stimulates the desire to collaborate and change the world in the Business Management field.
The Institute is recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), University Of Pune (UoP),approved by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE).
MBA PROGRAMME OBJECTIVES :
The MBA Programme prepares a student for domestic and global careers in diverse sector of the industry. The MBA Programme facilitates learning in theory and practice of different functional area of management and equips the student with an integrated approach to various function of management. However, the demand for managerial skills is not limited to the industry. Management talent is much sought by the government, NGO, non-corporate sector as well. Institute, Faculty and students need to move away from the excessive focus on industry and look at needs and demands of broader sections of society. Likewise entrepreneurial perspective of job and wealth creation with a social context also needs to be integrated into various aspects of the programme.
To achieve Quality Benchmark of technical education at par with global standards.
To meet the above stated goal, this Institute has set the following long term and short term goals to meet demands of the stakeholders.
Long Term Goals
- To prioritize the academic excellence and good governance.
- To impart futuristic learning in niche areas stressing industry-linked, research-driven and technology-based seamless education for better tomorrow.
- To develop a pool of proactive, pragmatic, devoted, talented and skilled technical work-force to meet the evolving standards of professionalism in the current competitive world, contributing to the intellectual wealth of the nation.
- To provide an ideal forum for technical, scientific, industrial and social deliberations and broader interactions among learners, faculties, academia, end-users, stake-holders, industrial experts and society at large.
- To contribute for the cause of community and societal needs to mitigate social obligations and demands through technical education.
- To nurture and in-still ethics, morals, values, integrity, human touch and sense of social responsibility through holistic development of learners, to meet the challenges of this millennium.
- To establish academic rapport, linkages and tie-ups with industries, academia and institutes of higher learning in order to facilitate collaborative learning and interdisciplinary research.
- To create a centre for excellence with a purpose of knowledge building and knowledge dissemination fostering front line research in the key areas of computer application.
Short Term Goals
- To equip the learners with desired qualities, stressing on knowledge, skills and behaviors.
- To incorporate innovative methods of teaching-learning at par with global standards.
- To update and upgrade faculties by giving wider exposure to diverse academic events, to enhance their competence and confidence in the wake of paradigm shift and ever changing pedagogy to make teaching learner-centric.
- To provide conducive and cohesive ambiance to facilitate internalization and institutionalization for the development, learning and research in order to enhance and sustain the quality of technical education.
- To put all round efforts to improve academic results.
- To develop symbiotic relationships between Alumni and institution.
- To foster students participation in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities to promote their professional as well as employability skills.
- To put concerted, continuous and consistent efforts, to train the learners to make them job-ready and employable technocrats with relevance to changing global needs.
- To strengthen institute- industry partnership to boost entrepreneurial talent.
- To make special efforts on an image and brand building exercise of the institution.
- To makes holistic efforts to rationalize computer applications with relevance to ever changing landscape of technology.